Lats night, Obama said in the debate that when Mitt Romney was asked about the Lilly Ledbetter act, he supposedly said “I’ll get back to you.”
Poltifact (which rates BOTH candidates) rated that as a “mostly true.” One of Romney’s advisers said they’d get back to a reporter on whether they supported the legislation (which was already signed into law) and Romney, later on 60 Minutes said that he wouldn’t change it but didn’t answer Diane Sawyer’s question of whether he would sign a piece of legislation like that if he was President.
It’s the easiest question the world. Yes, I would sign it. No, I would not.
Mitt Romney has been comfortable saying ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING and having his campaign walk it back later while they assume people aren’t paying attention.
And yet, when it came to singing the Lilly Ledbetter Act, he wouldn’t answer.
That’s what he thinks of you, women. You’re not even worth a walk back.
Now get back in your binder and make some breakfast.
- fuckyeahjenkirkman likes this
- miklem said: there apparently is an official position now, that he wouldn’t have signed it but won’t repeal it on.msnbc.com/Pairjn as if Romney’s word is worth anything.
- eyesthebye likes this
- jamief reblogged this from slackmistress
- yolaleah reblogged this from slackmistress and added:
- crystallpistol likes this
- betheboy reblogged this from slackmistress
- slackmistress posted this